- The First Baptist Church was founded and chartered in 1900.
- Before 1935 many church records referred to First Baptist as “Baptist Church of Christ at Tellico Plains.
- The First Baptist Church joined the Sweetwater Baptist Association in 1901 with 28 members and 66 enrolled in Sunday School.
- A couple of noted Revivals were October 1926, which lasted 4 weeks and 43 joined the church. Also on October 3, 1948 Revival began and ended October 15, 1948 with 57 conversions and 32 joined the church.
- On September 21, 1941 the church voted to establish a mission school in the McDaniel area, which became Beaty’s Chapel Baptist Church.
- On August 30, 1944, the church met at Cataska, presently the Coker Creek area to organize a mission, which became Calvary Missionary Baptist Church on October 8, 1944.
- The church over the years has purchased surrounding property preparing for the future growth of Tellico Plains.
- Presently the church has many ministries which has reconnected it to the community of Tellico Plains.